Posted by nonnasnonsense on October 23, 2009
it’s been so long since i did one of these i hope i remember how :)
******conversation with the g-kid:
- me: i’m all full of milk but i want some coffee, james. what should i do??
- james: umm, go pee?
******conversation with the hubby regarding new pet:
- me: should i spell chewy’s name c-h-e-w-y or c-h-e-w-i-e ? (it’s short for chewbacca)
- hubby: g-o-n-e
******speaking of new pet, here is a pic of my new baby. chewy was originally my step-daughter’s dog, but she is working 16 hr shifts twice a week, and the poor thing was miserable while she was working. also, he didn’t really like the g-kid and she was worried he might bite him. nonna to the rescue!! the most shocking thing is that hubby (who was adamantly against an indoor dog) is letting him sleep with us!
******conversation with the g-kid after seeing a squished fox on the road:
- james: what do foxes eat?
- me: mice, squirrels, rabbits…small animals like that
- james: ewww i wouldn’t want to eat a rabbit (i guess mice and squirrels are ok??)
- me: i’ve ate a rabbit before
- james: really?!? what did it taste like?
- me: chicken (hehe) maybe i should try to find a store that sells rabbit so i can try to cook one.
- james: i know the perfect store to find a rabbit.
- me: (incredulously) really?? where?
- james: well, my me-me took me there once and i want to go back there again. i bet we could find a rabbit there. it’s called ….Toys-R-Us! (had to give him an A for effort on that one)
******we are actually doing good in darts! we are in first place (which shocked us) and i’m in first place for the ton run even with missing a week for my surgery!
******i think i must be the only person alive who can actually injure herself sitting on the couch. i have no idea what i did to it, but i got up to go to bed last night and could barely walk on my left ankle. usually, when i have some strange pain like this it goes away overnight, but alas, i am still hobbling around today. who’da thunk it??
******i have my final hearing for SS Disability set for Nov. 10th. hopefully the judge will agree with me on the issue of the SS dr.’s ridiculous report. did you know that i am able to lift AND carry ONE HUNDRED pounds for eight hours a day??? hopefully the judge will realize that the dr. was full of shit and the less than 10 min. assessment she performed was waaaaay out of line.
******i’m sure that there have been 50 million other things to frag about, but i can’t remember any more of them. now that fall is here and the weather is yucky, hopefully i will start blogging again. course i said that after my surgery and totally lied :) between babysitting (way more than usual lately), reading, knitting (oh yah! i taught myself to knit! lol), watching tv & movies, and taking walks with the dogs i just cant seem to make myself sit down at the puter anymore. i’ve missed yall (even though it doesn’t show by my lack of reading/commenting) and hope to get back into the swing of things soon… some day…. ah, hell. i have no idea if i will or not :) you’ll just have to cross your fingers and hope i do.